A challenging management role, but not as you might know it.
- Experienced profiles
- BNP Paribas Fortis
- 2 years
- Manage people rather than projects
- While shaping the digital future of BNP Paribas Fortis
- In an agile work environment
- Supported by ORMIT to bring your people management skills to the next level
- Start as of June 2020
The future of technology? People.
In a world that is evolving rapidly, people are the real agents of change and innovation. Therefore, BNP Paribas Fortis is looking for people managers to guide a team of people into the future of the bank. Are you a people person with a passion for IT and technology? Our ORMIT talent program will bring your people management skills to the next level and give you everything you need to be a great people manager.
Chapter Lead, you say?
Well, it’s like managing a team, but not as you (might) know it. You focus on managing people rather than projects. You look after the personal and technical development of your team members. In other words, you help them become the best version of themselves. You coach, inspire, evaluate and reward them. In an agile environment, it’s called a Chapter Lead.
Agile, you say?
Look at Spotify. Change and innovation happens faster in an agile environment. BNP Paribas Fortis also chose the agile way of working. To scope, design, develop and market products faster. With multidisciplinary Squads and Tribes who carry end-to-end responsibility, set their own goals and decide how to achieve them. Where ideas are more important than hierarchy. And where Chapter Leads support the personal development of a specific group of IT experts. That’s you, by the way.
My role, you say?
You will be managing a group of people with a specific IT role. Think analysts, developers, testers or engineers. But there’s more. A Chapter Lead also strategically contributes to the success of Squads and Tribes. By being the linking pin between Tribe management and the Squad members. By selecting and onboarding new talents. By (re-)organising Squads and Chapters as needed. By interacting with other Chapter Leads in a Guild, where you share ideas and best practices.
Cool! Where do I start?
The real you? Walk this way.
- Be a Leaders’ shadow Learn from a master and find out what leading people is all about. Budgets, capacity planning, competence coaching and doing everything you can to make people love their job.
- Be a squad player Get a feel for what it takes to be a key player in a squad or have a transversal role and learn how you turn IT projects into a success.
- Be a Chapter Lead Ready for the next step? You will take your first steps as a Chapter Leader with someone there to coach you in the back.
- After 24 months You are ready to take on the role of Chapter Lead on your own. Can’t wait to meet your team?
Like being a manager, but not as you (might) know it.
What we see in you!
- You have a master’s degree.
- And 3-5 years work experience.
- Preferably in IT or tech related projects.
- In addition to Dutch or French, you are fluent in English.
- People praise you for your people skills.
- And you’re ready to take them to the next level.
- Send us your cv to showcase your people skills and leadership potential.
- We give you a call to go over your cv and get to know you a little better.
- The real thing. We invite you to an interview and assessment. So you can show us what you've got, face to face.
- Just a short contract review and… Off you go! Safe travels.